Sunday 2 June 2013

Trip of a Lifetime

So this is kind of a different post. I just kind of wanted to talk about this opportunity that comes around every year. It's the Toms trip of a lifetime. Basically, you enter in this contest by explaining a little blurb about you and then the public has to opportunity to vote. The top 50 people are then chosen to go on a week long trip with Toms.

I just think that this is such an incredible opportunity that everyone should be jumping at. I'm not sure how much everyone knows about going on a trip like that, but they are insanely expensive. It's probably around 5 thousand dollars to go for a week. Tons of fundraising has to be involved but even then, it's a lot of money. If  you're one of the winners of this contest, Toms pays for the WHOLE trip. How amazing is that?! Pretty amazing if you ask me because you're basically given a free opportunity to not only travel to a part of the world you otherwise wouldn't, but to also give back to those in need.


On the trip, you travel with 9 other contestant winner along with a team of Toms people to help distribute shoes or help with whatever needs to be done. I think that it's such a sweet opportunity that will give you a new perspective on life. I've always loved Toms but what I love even more is there One for One logo. For every pair of shoes sold, they'll give a pair to someone in need. They do the same thing for glasses and eye care. They help people in over 50 countries I think it's really incredible. If you win a trip you could go to Africa, Asia, South America and even some places in Europe. I just think it's a great opportunity and applying doesn't cost you anything so you've really got nothing to lose. 

Although I didn't apply this year because I only recently discovered it, I will most definitely be applying next year. It would be amazing to travel to Africa or somewhere. I would be fulfilling my dream of helping those in need while also discovering parts of myself. 



1 comment:

  1. I love Toms. It would help to post the contest. Did you enter? If not, you should have even just to add the info. to your blog.

    ReplyDelete